With the increasing demands for stable, reliable and un-interrupted power supply, utilities all over the country are adopting Smart Grid technologies. However, the technology is just one piece of the puzzle. Success of Smart Grid squarely depends on smart and knowledgeable engineers who operate the new systems. India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) has developed a unique and first-of-a-kind course on Smart Grids. At a broad level the objective is to raise interest and awareness about the inevitable advancement of today's grids towards Smart Grids. This course not only covers the foundations of the Smart Grids but also adds a practical flavor by going into the details of core challenges that need to be addressed on various dimensions of it.
The course will be self-contained with presentations and accompanying detailed lecture notes. This initiative was taken up by ISGF upon multiple requests from various utility heads, concerned about knowledge gap among the workforce in a fast changing Smart Grid industry.
- India Smart Grid Vision and Road Map
- Smart Grid Maturity Model
- SCADA/ DMS and other Operational Technologies
- Communication Technologies and Last Mile Connectivity Options
- Asset Mapping and Consumer Indexing on GIS Maps
- Automated Metering Infrastructure
- Smart Substations
- Distribution Automation, Renewable Integration,
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Regulation and Policy Initiatives
- Tariff Design
- Enterprise IT Systems
- Digital Architectures and Cyber Security for Smart Grids
Who should attend? :
Utilities, Industry, R&D Organisations, Students and Engineers
Electrical Research and Development Association(ERDA) Jointly with India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) is conducting 3 Days Workshop on Foundation course of Smart Grid.
Workshop is scheduled in December 2015