Prime Minster Narendra Modi on June 14, 2018 inaugurated the Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) of the Naya Raipur Smart City.
With this, the Integrated Command & Control Centre of Naya Raipur now becomes the 10th Smart City Centre to be operational in India.
Other 9 cities developed under Smart City Mission
Under the ambitious Smart City Mission, the nine other Integrated Command & Control Centres that had already become operational are in the cities of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Pune, Nagpur, Rajkot, Visakhapatnam, Bhopal and Kakinada.
Significance of Naya Raipur’s Integrated Command and Centre (ICCC)
The inauguration of Naya Raipur’s Integrated Command and Centre (ICCC) will integrate various systems to enable safety, security and providing better public services in the cities and will help in following:
• Single window for all citizen services like Land allotment, water connection billing & payment, BRTS travel planning, RTI and grievances through mobile app and web portal.
• Improved quality of services and enhanced service levels through faster turnaround on citizens’ requests and applications.
• Pilot smart city project with user friendly applications for “Differently abled”.
• Management of rehabilitation annuity payment to Project Affected People (PAP).
• Automation of building permission process.
• 24*7 uninterrupted water and power supply with real-time monitoring through state-of-the-art Electrical and Water SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems.
• Continuous city surveillance through bullet and PTZ (pan–tilt–zoom)cameras, to ensure citizen safety, act as deterrent to criminal activities.
• Enforcement of traffic rules with Speed Detection and ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras.
• Bringing accountability into the city administration with monitoring through dashboards and by citizens through tracking.
• Real-time assessment, planning & management of electrical, water, sewerage system.
• Optimal management of assets and services through advanced utility services like distribution management system, outage management system & water network optimisation.
• Enhanced decision making through business analytics, reporting and tools.
View all SMART GRID Bulletins click here
07 September 2018
17 September 2018